I know that there are so many of you out there who face some sort of torment every day – whether it’s depression, abuse, illness, pain or suffering of any sort. Or perhaps you dream of a better life that you have no idea how to achieve because most often you are just going through the motions trying to survive let alone figuring out how to actually excel!
Let me share a story from many years ago when I was in my late twenties. I suffered from severe eating disorders and depression, I was stuck in a job that I hated, and I felt incapable of changing my life. Every day was a living hell which I seemed to spiral deeper and deeper into each day.
Things got so dire that before I went to sleep each night I would pray that I would die during the night, then each morning as I peeled my eyes open and realised that I was still alive I would cry from the utter despair of having to face another tormenting day.
Somewhere, buried deep inside was the tiniest sliver of awareness that something different was possible, which is probably why I am still here to tell this story, and with each gradual step forward I became the change that I wanted to see in this world so that I could inspire others to do the same.
I am grateful for this experience because I know that from that deepest, darkest place where I saw no hope, I changed my reality, and you can too.
It may help to look at this from a bit different perspective:
Everything is Energy
As an energy healer I have always been fascinated with life from an energetic point of view. For example, a table is energy, our bodies are energy, a thought is energy, in fact, Science tells us that everything is energy!
If you observe the structure of an atom through a microscope you will see small vortices of energy, and if you look closer you observe a physical void. An atom has no physical structure and therefore physical things really don’t have any physical structure! They are 99.9999% space. This means that everything you think is solid and real is not – including your pain, your relationships, your illnesses, your job, your emotions, your beliefs, and anything else – it’s all just energy. Therefore wherever you think you are stuck and cannot change it’s actually not true.
In saying this, I’m not trying to negate your experiences; I’m inviting you to look at them in a different way. Instead of buying into stories, judgments, beliefs and points of view that make our problems seem significant and unchangeable, what if we were willing to expand into the infinite possibilities available to us for change.
- Take some slow deep breaths and expand your energy out a hundred thousand miles in all directions. Then expand even more, and even more. You will notice your body starts to open up and feel lighter. The energy is no longer contracted and you open up space for more possibilities to show up. (When we struggle, have pain or try to figure things out we contract the energy.)
- Stop buying the story. Every time you tell someone about your pain or suffering, every time you blame your parents or circumstances you are recycling an old story. How’s that working for you? I know one thing, it certainly won’t create change, it will keep you stuck in a no choice universe. So, why not choose something different? Eg. Instead of saying “I always have disastrous relationships” say: “Up until now I have had disastrous relationships, today I choose to have loving relationships that contribute to me, my body and my life”.
- Ask questions instead of trying to find answers and figure out solutions. This will open up doors of possibility that you cannot currently see and it invites the Universe to support you. Asking questions is one of the most powerful ways to start creating change.
When you ask a question, don’t go looking for the answer. Just allow the awareness or possibility to show up when it shows up. Here’s a few questions to try out:
- What else is possible? (My favourite for all situations.)
- What awareness can I have about this?
- What questions can I ask about this?
- What would it take to change this?
Notice that these questions are an invitation for more awareness and possibilities. Questions like “why does this always happen to me?” are conclusions with a question mark at the end and they are not expansive or inviting.
Asking Questions is an amazing tool from Access Consciousness and if I had used such a tool in my late twenties I would have dealt with depression and eating disorders in a very different way. I can see how I bought the story and played the victim. I was reacting to my past experiences and kept looking for answers and solutions to fix my problems which just kept me continually judging myself as wrong when my life didn’t improve.
For me, seeing problems as energy keeps me from indulging in my stories, judgments, beliefs and limitations and reminds me that change is always possible.
What are you trying to fix in your life that if you stopped trying to figure it out and asked some questions would change your reality?
Are you ready to choose something different? Are you ready to go beyond torment to be the brilliance of you?
Keryn Lee is an Intuitive Consultant and Healing Practitioner. She offers transformational Private Sessions to clients who are ready to create phenomenal change in their lives. Sessions available In Person, Online or Phone. Book Now on 0408 857 620 or email@example.com