I’m sure most of you have, at some point, posed the question, “What is my purpose in life?” and as a Tarot Reader and Healer, it’s a common question I am asked by clients. When we think about finding our purpose what we are really wanting is to feel connected to who we are and to shine our unique light in the world to help make it a better place, so we feel fulfilled at a core level. For many people, however, it becomes a mental activity to discover what will bring about this sense of connection and fulfilment.
In truth, it’s not about your job, your social status, how much money you have, what you are supposed to be studying or what others expect of you.
The REAL purpose of life is to BE YOU
You are a unique expression of God/source/creator and have the freewill to use your gifts and talents to contribute to others and make a difference in the world in any way you choose. And it’s ok if you think you don’t know what those gifts and talents are yet because discovering your purpose is a journey not a destination. It’s a gentle unfolding as you become more congruent with who you are, and less involved with life’s dramas and stories and the expectations of others.
It’s all about who you BE
It’s about your unique energy and who you are as an infinite being. No matter what you do, you just have to show up and be the best version of you possible – that’s what contributes to other people and fills your heart and lights up your soul.
Seeking Your Life Purpose
Many people spend a lot of time trying to “figure out” what their purpose is which often leads to frustration and feeling not good enough. The key here is that you can’t THINK your way to your purpose – it doesn’t work that way. The brain will never figure it out because it’s not about logic, it’s about being in alignment with who you are and that comes from your soul.
SEEKING your purpose becomes a distraction,
living WITH purpose creates forward momentum.
When you stop seeking your purpose and start living with purpose life will begin to flow because this is a direct invitation to the universe to support you which will open up new and exciting possibilities that lead to a more fulfilling life.
Four Steps for Living with Purpose
1. Follow your Curiosity – do things you love, things that bring you joy, things that you are curious about and want to learn more about even if it is something very small or seemingly insignificant. Read books, use the internet, buy magazines, attend seminars or workshops, talk to people and do whatever it takes to learn more or involve yourself in whatever intrigues you. You never know where it will lead and if you are following your joy and your curiosity it is guaranteed to be beyond your imagination – and you’ll have fun along the way.
2. Ask Questions – Ask and you shall receive as the saying goes. When you ask questions you are asking the universe to support you. You are not trying to find answers, this is another futile mind game. You are opening up energy and creating possibilities. “What” questions like the ones below are more empowering and the best to get you started. Ask the Universe (as often as you can):
- What else is possible?
- What would it take to change this?
- What would it take to _________? (Have more joy in my life? Have more ease in my life? Have more fulfilling relationships? Etc)
3. Be the Contribution – Show up every day 100% as you and allow your energy and who you are to contribute to others and the world. (You don’t have to know the specifics of how this happens. When you wake up each morning just ask: What contribution can I be today?
So instead of saying “I have to find my life purpose” or “Why am I here?” or “What am I supposed to be doing?” you just show up and BE YOU. Your energy contributes to everything you do and everyone you meet. This creates more ease and flow, you are no longer in a space of lack. Then the magic begins!
It’s important with this step to not TRY to do anything, you don’t have to work at this. Just ask the question and let the universe take care of the rest.
4. Create a Life Vision – This step is vital because if you don’t know where you want to go neither does the universe. It awaits your command. So, consider what would you like your life to look like, how would you like to feel each day, what values are important to you?
Even if you don’t know the specifics, just get a sense of the general direction, otherwise you will end up going around in circles.
Creating a life vision offers the potential for new possibilities. It brings hope and it’s an invitation for the universe to support you.
Vision Ball exercise
- Get the energy of what you would like your life to be like. You can add in specific things but if you aren’t sure what they are just get the feel of it. Eg. There may be happiness, joy, love, adventure, travel, helping others, a home etc.
- Imagine this energy in ball in front of your heart.
- Pull in energy from the universe into this ball. Pull more and more, from all over the universe. Keep pulling for a few minutes so you energise everything.
- Then allow little streams of energy to flow from this energy ball out to anyone and anything that will contribute to your creation. Keep pulling energy in as you trickle it out for a minute.
- Do this weekly and notice when something shows up that has the same energy as your energy ball. One small seemingly unrelated step could lead you somewhere great. Always follow the energy.
Until next time, beautiful beings . . .
Keryn Lee is an Intuitive Healer, Tarot Reader and Teacher. She offers Private Sessions and Programs to clients who are ready to create phenomenal change in their health and their lives. She inspires healers and other soul-based entrepreneurs create successful, authentic businesses. Sessions available In Person, Online or Phone. Book Now on 0408 857 620 or email@example.com. Visit website: www.kerynlee.com.au Facebook: www.facebook.com./kerynlee08